Thank you for your recent purchase of the Gladiator Therapeutics Far Infrared Blanket. Our gladiator blanket uses far infrared technology to help improve blood circulation in your body while reducing inflammation and pain safely and without the use of drugs.
What is Far Infrared?
One word: Science! Before we explain the process, let’s have a little science lesson on far infrared heat therapy.
Infrared radiation is a form of electromagnetic energy. It has a long wavelength, longer than visible light, which makes it invisible to us. It can be categorized into three different groups, depending on wavelength – near infrared, middle infrared, and far infrared.
Everything found in nature, including humans, emit these types of light waves and unlike ultraviolet light or gamma rays, is non-destructive. It can be used across a range of fields, from the military to industry to medicine. Studies have shown that far infrared treatment, better known as FIR therapy, produces a non-thermal effect, which leads to an increase in blood flow and circulation, alleviates pain and fatigue, reduces blood pressure, and improves capillary dilation. All of this can be achieved with the use of Gladiator’s Far Infrared Blanket.
One of the top questions we receive is where do you place the blanket? The answer is, it depends on what you are using the blanket for.
For example, if you have Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or irritable bowel syndrome, the best placement would be on your abdomen. If you’re using it for arthritis or carpal tunnel, you can place it on the affected areas. If you are using it for insomnia, the best placement would be your abdomen. You can use the blanket both over the clothing or right on the skin. When placing the blanket on your body, remember to always have the knobby side facing away from the skin.
- To maintain the blanket, wash in warm water and use mild dish detergent only.
- The blanket can be stored at room temperature and out of direct sunlight.
How Does the Blanket Work?
The patented ceramics found in the Gladiator blanket are a blend of rare earth minerals that have been specially engineered to emit FIR directionally. They are then embedded in a hypoallergenic silicone rubber blanket. When that blanket is placed on a specific part of your body, the ceramics will begin to absorb your body’s natural heat. This ambient heat will travel through the ceramics where it is then converted into far infrared energy, called photons. The photons then are redirected back into the body and where they cause the water clusters found in your plasma to vibrate and break apart.
By breaking apart these water particles into smaller clusters, your blood flow will increase, your circulation will improve, and any inflammation will be reduced. That means less pain, a faster healing time, and, more importantly, a better quality of life. The blanket can be used with a heating pad on top, which will amplify the effect.
So you have the placement chosen. Now how long does it stay on? Important question! And again, it all depends on how you are using the blanket. It’s also important to note these are suggested times – you can lengthen or increase the amount of use as you see fit!
- CROHN’S / IBS – Place on lower abdominal area for extended period of time. Can wear while sleeping. If you are having a flare-up, you can use the blanket immediately to help decrease the severity. Place over thin layer of clothing such as T-shirt for optimal comfort.
- ARTHRITIS / CARPAL TUNNEL – Use as necessary to relieve pain. Place on or near affected area. Remove immediately if you experience any feeling of discomfort.
- CHRONIC BACK PAIN – Use as necessary to relieve pain. Place on or near affected area. Remove immediately if you experience any feeling of discomfort. The blanket can be placed anywhere on the back for extended period of time. Can be worn during normal sleep time.
- WOUND HEALING – Place the blanket on the wound over a bandage at least 1 hour twice per day.
- ATHLETIC RECOVERY – Wear 30 minutes or longer on sore muscles as needed following exercise. Can be worn any time to alleviate muscle soreness.
- INSOMNIA – The blanket can be used all night without adverse side effects to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Do NOT heat the blanket in a microwave or in hot water.
- Keep the blanket away from open flame.
- Never place the blanket in your mouth.