July 21, 2023
When we talk about soft tissue at Gladiator Therapeutics, we’re talking about bodily tissue, the material that makes up your muscular system and holds your bones in place. Among the different types of tissue in the body is soft tissue. You need this to do a lot of things, but if you suffer a soft tissue injury, you may be in serious trouble.
Depending on the severity of your injury, you may need extensive recovery time, surgery, and more. With Gladiator Therapeutics’ healing devices, you can significantly reduce your recovery time. If you’re unsure of what a soft tissue injury entails, it can be difficult to understand how to treat it. We can explain.
What is Soft Tissue?
Soft tissue is a type of tissue found in people and other animals that includes various components such as fat, muscle, tendons, ligaments, and fascia.
The main purpose of soft tissue is to provide cushioning support to the body and its organs. This cushioning allows you to maintain shape and stability while moving and prevents your organs from moving out of place as well.
Soft tissue is composed mostly of collagen fibers. These fibers give the tissue its strength and flexibility. This makes it an ideal material for many medical treatments and procedures.
How Will a Soft Tissue Injury Affect You?
A soft tissue injury occurs when you’ve endured damage to your body’s connective tissues. This includes tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Soft tissue injuries can range from minor strains and sprains to more serious tears or ruptures. These can take weeks or even months to heal completely, as your cells have to repair an area of your body that is constantly stretched and condensed from use.
What Can Cause a Soft Tissue Injury?
Soft tissue injuries are commonly caused by overuse, falls, and/or direct trauma to the body. The cause of the injury usually determines how serious it is and how long it will take to heal. Overuse can seem like the least serious cause of injury at first. However, over time, it can naturally wear away your muscle. Falls and direct trauma can cause immediate and permanent injury that requires surgery, but they typically leave you with muscle you can use to heal yourself.
Depending on the type and severity of the injury, treatment may include rest, physical therapy, medications for pain relief, or surgery. For milder forms of soft tissue damage, such as strains and sprains, treatment includes:
- Applying ice to the injured area
- Using compression bandages
- Taking anti-inflammatory medications
- Immobilizing the affected area with a splint or brace to help reduce pain and swelling while allowing the body time to heal
To reduce the recovery time for your initial recovery, or recovery from your treatment, the healing devices at Gladiator Therapeutics will help your body’s cells perform better. This is so your body can repair itself faster and better than most other types of treatments. You would wear these on the afflicted area, similar to a compression bandage in practice.
What Activities Use Soft Tissue?
To illustrate how soft tissue can be used, consider activities that focus on it. While technically every activity uses soft tissue, certain activities set out to use and exercise them. Activities that use soft tissue include:
- Stretching: This is a type of exercise that involves elongating the muscles to increase flexibility and range of motion. You’re supposed to stretch before starting other exercises.
- Massage: This is a type of manipulation that uses pressure and friction to promote relaxation and reduce muscle tension. The act of massaging someone doesn’t use a particular amount of soft tissue, more so that massages will work and move soft tissue.
- Yoga: This activity uses soft tissue as you combine breath control, postures, and meditation to improve both mental and physical well-being.
- Pilates: Pilates is a form of exercise designed to improve core strength, posture, and flexibility through the stretching and use of soft tissue muscles.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy is an active rehabilitation program used to speed up recovery from injury or surgery while improving function and strength.
How Gladiator Therapeutics Can Heal Your Soft Tissue Injury
Whether it’s a serious or minor soft tissue injury, you can use the healing devices developed by Gladiator Therapeutics to enhance or act as your mode of recovery. By using Infrared Technology, you can remove microscopic wastes in your body that slow down your cells’ natural ability to heal you. To learn more about our healing devices or to potentially order one yourself, contact us today.
- soft tissue injury