By Word Press
November 16, 2023
Chronic pain is a condition that affects over 51 million in the United States alone. It is defined as any persistent or recurring pain that lasts longer than three months. This vague definition leaves us with several types of chronic pain with many different causes. The pain someone can suffer then also exists on a wide spectrum.
Chronic pain can be debilitating. Because of this, chronic pain can affect many aspects of a person’s life, including their physical health, emotional well-being, and ability to perform everyday tasks. It can lead to fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Once these symptoms become overwhelming, people begin to socially isolate, which can interfere with work, school, and relationships. No one should have to deal with such pain.
Gladiator Therapeutics offers products that may be able to help relieve you of your chronic pain, depending on the type and severity.
Types of Chronic Pain
There are various types of chronic pain, each with their unique characteristics and causes. Some of the most common types include:
- Musculoskeletal Pain: This type of chronic pain affects bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves. It can result from an old injury, inflammation, or damage to any of these structures.
- Neuropathic Pain: This is caused by an injury or dysfunction in the central nervous system or peripheral nerves. It can lead to people feeling a burning, stabbing, or shooting sensation.
- Visceral Pain: This type originates in someone’s internal organs. It can be caused by diseases like pancreatitis, irritable bowel syndrome, or endometriosis.
- Headaches: Chronic headaches are a common form of chronic pain and can be classified into various subtypes. These subtypes include tension headaches, migraines, and cluster headaches.
- Fibromyalgia: This condition causes widespread pain throughout someone’s muscles and bones. It often leads to people suffering fatigue, sleep disturbances, and mood changes as well.
Treating Chronic Pain
The treatment for chronic pain varies depending on the type of pain and its underlying cause. A way to treat visceral pain caused by a disease in someone’s organs isn’t going to help with a migraine. Some ways to manage or treat the many different types of chronic pain include:
- Medications: There are over-the-counter or prescription medications can help alleviate chronic pain symptoms. These may include pain relievers, antidepressants, and anticonvulsants that can target the afflicted area.
- Physical Therapy: For musculoskeletal or neuropathic pain, physical therapy can be an effective treatment. It involves exercises and techniques to improve strength, flexibility, mobility, and reduce pain.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to treat chronic pain caused by conditions such as back problems or nerve damage.
- Heatpads: For pain of the muscular kind, you can place heating pads that help soothe the afflicted area.
How Gladiator Therapeutics Can Help
Gladiator Therapeutics uses Far-Infrared Light technology in our devices that works to improve blood circulation and reduce the inflammation that causes several types of chronic pain. The improved blood flow will speed up the healing of chronic wounds so that there may no longer be any pain.
Contact Gladiator Therapeutics For More Information
Chronic pain is a prevalent condition that can significantly impact one’s quality of life. When you know all of your options, you can potentially make a decision that will help improve your quality of life. Contact your healthcare professionals, and talk to us at Gladiator Therapeutics. We can work with you to recommend a device that may be able to drastically reduce the suffering you endure from chronic pain. Take back your life, contact us today.