January 2, 2024
Knee injuries are some of the most common types of injuries people sustain. Just by walking, you use your knee and put it at risk. With so much simple use each day, it might be surprising that people don’t sustain knee injuries more often. Considering that knees are a collection of bones that are in constant use through constant movement, any number of things can cause an injury. Everything from natural wear and tear to awkward movements, falls, collisions, sudden twists, or just an excessive force at the wrong time. With so many different types of knee injuries, it’s important to know what to look out for.
If you’ve already suffered an injury to your knee, or are recovering from one, Gladiator Therapeutics’ healing devices may be able to help you.
What are Knee Injuries?
Knee injuries when there is any type of damage or trauma to the knee joint or its connecting bones, joints, and muscles. The knee is a complex joint with multiple components, including:
The knee connects the thigh bone – or femur – to the shinbone – or tibia. Any injury to these structures can cause pain and affect your ability to walk, run, or perform other activities.
Common Types of Knee Injuries
There are various types of knee injuries, and their severity can range from mild sprains to severe ligament tears. Some common types of knee injuries include:
- Knee Sprain: A sprain occurs when the ligaments connecting the bones in your knee are stretched or torn. It can cause pain, swelling, and instability in your knee.
- Knee Strain: A strain is a muscle or tendon injury when your muscles or tendons get overstretched. It can cause stiffness, weakness, and difficulty moving your knee.
- ACL Injury: The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) connects the thigh bone to the shinbone and helps stabilize your knee joint. An ACL injury is common among sports players because many sports involve sudden stops or changes in direction. This can cause a ligament to tear partially or completely in your knee.
- Meniscus Tear: The menisci are two pieces of cartilage that act as shock absorbers between the thigh bone and shinbone. A sudden twist or turn can cause a tear in your meniscus, leading to pain, swelling, and stiffness in your knee.
- Patellar Tendonitis: Also known as jumper’s knee, this injury is an inflammation of the tendon connecting your kneecap (patella) to your shinbone. It can cause pain and tenderness just below the kneecap and worsen with jumping or running.
- Bursitis: Bursae are fluid-filled sacs that cushion the joints and reduce friction between bones and soft tissues. Overuse or trauma can cause inflammation of the bursa in your knee, leading to pain, swelling, and limited movement.
How Gladiator Therapeutics Can Help
At Gladiator Therapeutics, we offer revolutionary healing devices that can help you recover from several common knee injuries. Our device uses patented infrared technology that increases blood flow and promotes healing.
Our device is lightweight, portable, and easy to use, making it suitable for use both at home and on the go. Regular use of our device can help reduce the pain, swelling, and stiffness associated with knee injuries, allowing you to resume your daily activities faster.
Contact Gladiator Therapeutics For More Information
Knowing about common types of knee injuries is crucial in understanding the importance of proper treatment and recovery. At Gladiator Therapeutics, we are dedicated to providing innovative solutions for faster healing and improved joint health. With our healing device, you can get back on your feet and return to your active lifestyle with confidence. Don’t let knee injuries hold you back; contact us for more information.