Winter is here and with colder weather comes various precipitation that can create an increased likelihood of falling on ice and slush. When you have such an accident, certain injuries can occur. Common ailments following a slip and fall accident include:
- Broken bones
- Sprained ankles or wrists
- Knee damage
- Shoulder dislocations or muscle strains
- Spine and nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cuts and bruises
Of course, you should seek medical attention to ensure your safety and health. But when it comes to healing, it takes time. Wound healing can be a lengthy process and one that holds you back from enjoying the activities you love.
There are methods to speeding the recovery process in some cases, however.
- For broken bones, sprained ankles or wrists, you can (1) increase your protein and nourish your body with the nutrients and energy needed to promote healing; (2) take anti-inflammatory vitamins such as Vitamin C and Quercetin; and (3) avoid smoking and alcohol.
- For knee injuries that are severe, seek immediate medical attention especially if muscle or bone is exposed. Otherwise, clean the wound and allow the open sore to air dry.
- Shoulder dislocations or muscle strains can be helped with rest, ice then heat, and stretching after a few days have passed.
- If you have spine or nerve damage after a fall, ask your medical practitioner if certain activities to promote a healthy lifestyle can help regenerate damaged nerves.
Wounds that are a result of slip and fall accidents can take a long time to heal, especially if you suffer from chronic conditions such as diabetes, obesity, peripheral artery disease, or Raynaud’s disease, as this can stall the healing process. However, by boosting circulation, you may speed up the recovery process.
By boosting circulation, blood will bring oxygen and nutrients to the wound to promote cell repair and growth.
Studies have long shown that far infrared accelerates cell regeneration, promotes tissue growth and repair, and prevents infection. Along with promoting healing, it has been found to cause a soothing effect and reduce the pain of the wound site.
Ready to try it out?
The Gladiator Therapeutics Far Infrared Device can help with healing your body faster by improving the flow of nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood to the damaged cells to promote repair and regrowth. Simply lay the device on the area once or twice a day for up to 30 minutes at a time can stimulate vital blood flow.
Our devices are made out of hypoallergenic silicone rubber so you won’t have to worry about added irritants on your wound.
NOTE: Content included here is not medical advice, and only is intended as information for adults. Always consult with your health care professional before making changes to diet, exercise, medication, or before use of any product or device.